About Shelton Consulting Group
Expert | General Contractor
Thirty plus years of experience in the construction trades in Arizona as a carpenter, foreman, superintendent, project manager and home builder. Completed a four year apprenticeship program through the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America and received a Journeyman Carpenter Certificate from the State of Arizona. Hands on working experience in all phases of carpentry, from site work, forms and concrete; framing, cabinetry and design; both residential and commercial.
Currently licensed as a dual residential and commercial general contractor with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors and licensed home inspector with the Arizona Board of Technical Registration. Has earned certifications in infrared thermography, post-tensioned concrete, AquaPex/WIRSBO plumbing systems, indoor air quality, Environments for Living®, various other construction related specialties.
Developed and delivered home inspection training programs for state licensing. Developed and delivered training programs to customer service managers regarding systems, components and industry standards for residential construction for Pulte Homes, Arizona. Developed and presented continuing education classes for the Arizona Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors (AZ ASHI).
Pulte Homes: Managed special projects including high profile, systemic, recurring and/or potentially litigious issues.
Analysed trends in customer complaints and customer service requests to evaluate reoccurring construction issues and developed recommendation changes and repair protocols.
Performed quality assurance inspections at various stages of construction, and developed recommendations for process improvements to the construction team.
Identified the top 10 construction issues according to percentage of homes affected and dollars spent on repairs. Developed processes to reduce or eliminate these and other issues.
Licenses, Certifications and Memberships
- Arizona Contractors License – KB-2 # 252589
- State of Arizona Certified Home Inspector # 38095
- American Arbitration Association – Completed Basic Mediator Skills Training
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners – Completed 4-year Carpenter Apprenticeship
program, Journeyman Carpenter, State of Arizona
- AAMA/FGIA – Installation Masters Window & Door Installer Certification, Certified Installer
- Post Tension Institute – Certified Post Tension Concrete Inspector
- Infrared Training Institute – Certified Level 1 Infrared Thermographer, Certified Building
- American Society of Home Inspectors – Certified Home Inspector
- Inspection Training Associates – Certified Residential Property Inspector, Certified
Commercial Building Inspector
- Environments for Living – Certified Diamond Level
- OSHA Construction 10-Hour Safety Training
- WIRSBO – Certified AquaPex Inspector and Installer
- Tile Roofing Institute (TRI) – Concrete and Clay Roof Tile Installation
- GAF CARE – Completed 3-Day Advanced TPO Training
- Western States Roofing Contractors Association (WSRCA) – Member, Certified Tile Roof Installer
- National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) – Member
- EIFS Industry Members Association – Member
- International Code Council – Member